28 March 2006

No more heist movies

I just got done watching "Ocean's Twelve." I know I shouldn't watch these movies, the heists. I get inspired. I want to find a grease man, a bankroller and a lifelong partner in crime. I want to rob from the rich and give to the crew that I've assembled. I want to understand the lingo, train a young partner to be my replacement after my last big score. Oh, yeah, and the car chase where we outrun everything, including radio. Totally got to have that! The travel, the inrigue, the creativity. Man, it just screams to me: get to heisting!
The problem is, I have been in a heist before. A low-key, really silly, not-exactly-a-heist one in high school. We got caught. One guy was bragging, showing off, and the three of us got caught. When my dean asked me if I had learned anything from my heist and arrest and time in jail and my community service, I said, "Yeah. Always work alone." Let's just say it was funnier to her later than it was at that moment.
But what if I hadn't got caught? Someone told me that I reminded them of Rusty Ryan recently. It was because I am always eating, but it's a start...
Then again, jail wasn't very fun. And learning Cantonese wouldn't be very easy.
Y'know, I haven't talked to the guy who got us caught at all in over ten years. Would you?

No comments: