31 May 2006

Camping is not like pizza

I hate my school breaks. I always get stuck with too much time and I get sloppy. I agreed to a camping trip that was totally disastrous. I won’t get into why, but I can honestly say that this is the first time I had an overall negative impression on camping. I’ve been in a tent over an ant colony; I’ve been covered in poison ivy; a wolverine, or a very angry badger (whatever is more common in Michigan), has chased me, and I have been severely sunburned on the first day of a weeklong hiking trip. I’ve twisted my ankle while backpacking.
And I would volunteer to do all of that in one weekend than have another camping trip like this one. Scenery: great, scenic, beautiful. Worth the 9 hours it took to get there? No way! My company? Sucked ass, almost continuously.

So, from now on, I am camping on my own, or with people I KNOW I can stand.

1 comment:

Emily Suess said...

clever blog title...