09 January 2008

Gayest Death Ever


A Brief (1) Explanation of This Drawing

Having exhausted my supply of DVD’s I was able to stand watching yet again I knew I needed to do something to occupy my mind. Crosswords or Sudoku would require thought and effort to draw upon certain resources of my brain that I just did not feel like tapping. What to do then? Why not a drawing?
Well, OK, a drawing, but what kind? I have made portraits for a long while and though laying out the muscle and skin wrapped around a skull, then altering the arrangement of said elements, is a challenge, after a while it becomes tiresome (2).

Thus, with such thoughts and feelings I decided a figure drawing would be a nice challenge.
I prefer to draw female (3) figures, but as I do not possess a readily available and willing body of the feminine persuasion (4), my own masculine build would have to serve my needs. What kind of pose? How about walking with two objects being carried, one in each hand? (5)

The lighting was easy to arrange, the topless pose easily captured with a digital camera, and viewable as a drawing resource. I laid out the drawing in an outline only form. I stepped away, blinked, made a snarl-like face by raising the left side of my upper lip, thus also altering the position of my left nostril as well, while simultaneously raising my right eyebrow. This is the thought that produced such a facial expression: “Man, that looks gay.”(6)

Though I wanted to create a figure piece I knew this was one I would not want for myself. Then who would want it? Eureka! The CSM (7)! Why, I still owed him a drawing for the T.V. he gave me and a warming gift for his new apartment! This decided I went to work altering the body, making it even more intimidatingly testosterone injected than my own (8). I added a portion of lower body, also nude, complete with tasteful and subtle, yet accurate, genitalia (9). The body shaded in, I needed some type of head. But why make it a normal head?

Then it occurred to me that the end of this month has a holiday commonly called Halloween, an English bastardization of the German Hallowe’en (10). Death! Blood! Pumpkins! Wait, no, just death! How about having a cowl emerge from the shoulder, a throwback to the image of the Grim Reaper who is bedecked in a black robe?
“The Gayest Death Ever” (11) was thus completed. I hope you enjoy it.

Practical Information


Created using charcoal (12) pencil on acid free sketch paper. It is a standard size suitable for cheap framing.

End Notes
  1. This is not very brief actually. Quite long really, quite.
  2. Just as this writing style is tiresome.
  3. A term used to describe the gender of the species that bears children (with the exception of the Sea Horse, in which species the father has the babies).
  4. Keeping someone against their will is apparently a crime.
  5. Allow yourself to contemplate and decide for yourself what the objects are (though given the sexual preference of the intended recipient, I would nudge you toward a type of novelty phallus).
  6. “Gay" is the current slang vernacular used to describe homosexuality. It can be used in several ways in a sentence, be it noun, verb, or adjective. Other forms are possible though not as commonly used as these.
  7. CSM refers to the pseudonym assigned to this friend by Zeepdoggie.
  8. A great Challenge I assure you. I was once assigned “hottest bod” while standing in a group of third graders (13).
  9. Notice some slight indication of a dorsal vein, and pubic hair, the only kind this Death has oddly enough.
  10. Absolutely true.
  11. In light of this title perhaps the method would involve a severe act of sodomy using the tools of his trade (see (5)).
  12. This is a substance commonly found beneath the topsoil of Earth. It is formed by the decomposition and of carbon-based plant life which is then buried and through time becomes compressed and is, atomically speaking, altered. It is worth note that coal is still used as a power source due to its combustibility which produces the energy to move turbines which provide power for electronic devices. The longer it has taken coal to form the cleaner it burns. Thus we find anthracite coal which in appearance and texture is similar to that of volcanic glass, though created in an entirely different process. If coal has been compressed long enough, with enough heat produced as well by said process, diamonds will form. Diamonds are the hardest of all natural minerals, as well as the most valuable (14).
  13. Don’t ask.
  14. If you read all of that, I will laugh at you (15).
  15. See (10)


::GringO::

1 comment:

chicago_starlet said...

That was an amazing piece, mr. gringo. You still got...something...I guess one would call it "talent", or some may say a "gift". I just say, fucking tight, man, fucking tight.