25 July 2006

Avoidance can be a virtue

Things are calming down a bit, when it comes to my personal time. I now have three whole days off! Two of them are in a row, even! For the faithful few, you all know that, since I started working in Hell (how I will refer to the retail shit hole until I quit, and probably forever after), I have had days off only when requesting them. When I changed my availability (corporate slang for "chain-gang time"), I made it a point to have at least Fridays off. Now, it's Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays! Wow!

Laundry is done, the pooch has been thoroughly walked, I have brainstormed some more on the little story that Lord K and I are working on...Oh, crap! I didn't tell you! Lord K is a fellow soul in Hell, and an exceptional artist. Should he ever get his act together, I will post some of his stuff on this site. He is really good, in a Giger-meets-Tool-on-an-ether-binge kind of way. He gave me this drawing he whipped up sitting behind the register, and something about it triggered a writing response from me. I won't share it with you just yet, since I believe it's bad luck to show something that is only marginal at this point, but it is a lot of fun to do a collaboration with an artist. I always wanted to work with my brother or my nephew, since the both of them are great artists, but nothing ever came to fruition; my brother is lacking ambition, and my nephew and I have too much geography between us.
But it's a dark piece of fantasy, along the lines of R. Scott Bakker, for those in the know (for those not, check him out). As always, I will make an appearance (or the me I would like to be) in the story, and I am writing Lord K in there as well. If I can get near a scanner, maybe we can get you all some sketches from him.
That should do it for now. Sorry, nothing embarrassing has happened to me in the last little while since I wrote to you, my lovely readers. Things have actually been good. I'm still horribly confused as to what to do about the women of this world that are in my life, and I'm still frightened of death, but other than that, things are pretty much cool. Not yet Cool & the Gang, but doing all right besides.

Maybe something mortifyingly emabarrassing, and therefore worth sharing with the Blogosphere, will occur later. If so, you shall be the first media outlet I inform.

5 comments:

The Big Man said...

Zeep, I'm going to WI on friday and was wondering if you wanted me to bring you back something?

Anonymous said...

Ladies....?

playa..

Zeepdoggie & GringO said...

Big man,
I can't think of anything that is specific to the great state of WI that I require, but thanks a bunch for asking. When are you and the missus going to get around to a BBQ at Scott's?

Zeepdoggie & GringO said...

I love getting posts. I really do. But please leave a name, even if it's BS. I feel like a tool saying, "anonymous, thanks for paying attention to me! And if I am a playa, think of how sad the game must be."

The Big Man said...

We should be ready for a BBQ after this weekend. I have an airshow and a pig roast to do this weekend.