28 July 2006

It's Friday? Huh...

I am so out of it. I used to never sleep past six in the AM. Today, the only reason I woke up at all was because the Princess needed food, NOW. Since I am up, and I don’t recall making an entry yesterday (that doesn’t mean I didn’t, or didn’t want to), I figured today would be a good day for two. One this morning and one for later.

Weekends don’t mean as much when you’re part-time and they make you work weekends. But this Saturday will be different. It’s my grandniece Taylor’s birthday and it is going to be way too sweet to see her again. She’s reason number one I got out of the Navy.
After that, I am attending a Beach Birthday Party for a guy I met during my second karaoke experience. His name is Gordon, and his rendition of “Mustang Sally” was…well, it left an impression. More like a bruise. Anyway, I can’t even think of the song without thinking of old Gordo, so I figure I had best attend and, maybe not thank him for performing that song, but pass on that he has changed that song forever for me. And work cutie M, and possibly K, will be there, so maybe I can get that all sorted out.

In my limitless search for entertainment, I came across this. I’ve seen similar before, but the inclusion of a lot of science related stuff makes it extra-geeky!

Today is a pedagogy meeting with J from my 489 class. You guys remember; I wrote about the joys of pedagogical discussion before. Good times, especially since I really read the article this time. We’re discussing the g factor, which has nothing to do with the acceleration due to Earth’s gravity, or does it? In a really odd way, it just might. You can read the article here.

German women fucking rock. If you know, then you know; if you don’t, then find out.
Macht schnell!

This is my last weekend with the Princess. After my pedagogy thing, we are so walking to the doggy park in FP. She hasn’t been there since I broke up with the psycho, so I know she misses it. I wish I had a car so I could take her to the unofficial doggie beach. Getting her in the water on hot days like this would make her far too happy.

I need to get serious about the grocery shopping thing. In the immortal words of Chris Cornell, echoed by Eddie Vedder, “I’m goin’ hungry, yea-ee-aa-aahh!” Seriously, I have the Fight Club fridge going on right now, and it is not fun.

Life is getting simpler, bit by bit, and I am liking that.

They are making another Hulk movie, and an Iron Man movie. If they can squeeze out a Captain America movie, then Marvel will have made a movie for every comic book I had a subscription to as a kid. I tell you, right now it’s very good to be a geek.

I think that’s enough of that.

No comments: