06 August 2006

Bus Buddy

11-2005

My lack of a romantic life has come to an all-time low I think. Tired of having nobody and no achieveable prospects in sight, I've developed a habit of what call "bus buddy" relationships. Here is how they work:

I sit on the bus or train next to the window or glass partition, leaving an empty seat beside me. An attractive woman will take the seat next to me. Even with one side of my body pressed against the wall, there isn't a lot of room and inevitably our arms rest against each other.

All of a sudden, due to this simple and rather feeble contact with a woman, she becomes my girlfriend for the duration of our ride together. We are a couple simply sitting in silence next to each other; sometimes she is reading or listening to music or talking on her cell, but I am always reading. We've all seen these couples, happy in their minor contact. This illusion gives me a warm feeling.

Then she or I have to get off at the next stop. There are no tears shed, no long goodbyes. Typical to form to the girls I date, she will find another guy to ride another bus with and leave me. I go through the cycle of elation, comfort, contentment, fear, and loss that one finds in a relationship in the space of five to twenty minutes, possibly several times a day.

::GringO::

3 comments:

Zeepdoggie & GringO said...

First off, this is so sadly moving. Gringo, you almost brought a tear to my eye. I am glad that you have a girly now, because I don't think this blog can handle two sad sacks of lonely.

Anonymous said...

You're a genius. No. A visionary.

Anonymous said...

Believe you me, I am very happy to have a new girly. It was getting to the point where I would glare at my hands in disappointment that they had no legs and other such things.

Thanks to al.